Sunday 7 June 2015

Infinite by Erica Crouch


*ARC received for an honest review, thank you!

Dance with the Devil...

There are infinite ways to die, and the fates are calling for blood. After evading Azael after her betrayal, it's finally time for Pen to stop running and face her desperate brother. But she won't have to challenge him alone: The army of New Genesis is ready to stand strong and fight to secure the future they believe in. As Azael spirals deeper and deeper into darkness, and Pen grapples with her new leadership role, a familiar name rises to power whose decisions have the potential to rewrite everyone's future. Dangerous secrets, silent traitors, and unravelling fates means that time is running out. There's no telling who will survive the final battle. 

I've been thinking all day/night about what I want to say in this review because i'm just so sad that this series is over...but then that ending was the most perfect ending ever and omg. Okay, so I've said this in every single review I have ever done for this series but it's very important, Erica Crouch's writing is just so beautifully poetic and flowing that I have only ever enjoyed two author's writing a little bit more, that of George R.R. Martin and Charlotte Bronte. It just immerses you straight away into the story and you can't help but get dragged along by such powerful language, all you can do is keep reading as these words empower, devastate, disgust and fill you so full of emotion that, in the case of the character of Lilith, you actually feel as though you are sharing all of her blood-thirsty emotions and thoughts. Had to drag myself out of that dark hole. The writing isn't the only spectacular thing about this book though, the one-of-a-kind characters and each of their struggles and actions make you really hope that they will get their happily ever after, even the bad ones. I just wanted to wrap Azael up in blankets (even though he would probably kill me for doing it) and keep him from making all of those terrible decisions. I loved Michael and Pen just as much, their love for each other warming the pages of a thick shadowy story. But my favourite character has to be Lilith. I just feel as though she has an added depth of character that the others did not, her imagery so powerful and devastating that she seemed almost real (which would be terrifying). I really hope this series continues somehow, because I want more Lilith and I need more of this writing. It's safe to say that from now on, whatever Crouch writes, I'll be reading! 

Rating: 5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment