Saturday 21 March 2015

The Decaying Empire by Laura Thalassa


*ARC received for an honest review, thank you!

When eighteen-year-old Ember Pierce wakes up in a Los Angeles hospital, she remembers only the basics: she's been trained by the government as a spy, she's sent on dangerous missions, and her last assignment-the one that landed her in the hospital-was a setup. 
Caden Hawthorne has spent the past ten months of his life grieving Ember's death. So when she shows up in his room like an apparition, he can't believe his eyes. But this Ember is different. Her hair is longer, her skin is paler, her gaze is haunted. She tells him what he has already begun to suspect: someone he trusted betrayed her.
Now, uncertain who is friend or foe, Ember and Caden face the toughest mission of their lives-to stay together and survive, as they run from danger toward an unknown future.

This book was tense! The anticipation and action was non-stop, face paced and completely heart-racing. Ember's and Caden's journey had me jumping out of my seat, cheering for them and biting my nails whenever they got into tough and terrifying situations. It almost felt like their story was real, and unlike most books I read, I was so nervous about them getting hurt even a single bit! I fell in love with Ember and Caden, even more so than in the first book 'The Vanishing Girl', I felt their emotions, all of their worries and anguish and happiness swept over me, making me laugh, smile and cry, sometimes all at the same time. It is so hard to dislike anything about this amazing and pulse pounding adventure, who doesn't love a bit of government corruption, some teenagers with altered DNA and a beautiful love story that will make your soul sing? 

Rating: 4/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment