Thursday 12 February 2015

Take by Nashoda Rose


*ARC provided for an honest review, thank you!

Max
Feelings are a luxury I can't afford. Hidden behind a shield of quiet placidity, I keep my secret safe from those who would use it against me. Until him-the tatted up, self-centered Scar assassin hired to protect me. He takes pleasure in tormenting me, chipping away at my defences as if i'm a toy to be played with. I hate that my body responds to his touch. I hate him.

Jasper
I'm not a good guy and I don't pretend to be. Condemn me if you want, I don't give a fuck. You're nothing to me. No one is...except her-Max. She's my target. And I was hired to do a hell of a lot more than protect her...I was hired to kill her. It should've been simple, but it was complicated as hell. 

I read this book in one night and nearly cried afterwards because I wanted to keep reading! The world -building is just so interesting and different that it sucks you in until you can no longer breathe and then spits you back out again violently from the shock of the story being over. Take really seems like a stand-alone novel and if it is I will crawl into a ball of despair because I don't want Max's story to be over! She had such a tragic and well developed back-story that it would be a crime to just stop it with a single book. I want more! Even if the story continues with a different pair I wouldn't be as sad...as long as it keeps on going because the world is way too unique to stop now! I fell in love with Max's and Jasper's journey as soon as I read the first page and now I want to read all of Ms Rose's books because I want that feeling back again! 

Rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment