Monday 17 November 2014

Forever Evermore Series by Scarlett Dawn



King Hall-Where Mysticals go to learn their craft, get their degrees and transition into adulthood. And where four new rulers will rise and meet their destinies. 
Lily Ruckner is adept at one thing: survival. Born a Mystical hybrid, her mere existence is forbidden, but her nightmare is just about to start. Fluke, happenstance and a deep personal loss finds Lily deeply entrecnhed with those who would destroy her simply for existing-The Mystical Kings. Being named future Queen of the Shifters shoves Lily into the spotlight, making her one of the most visible Mysicals in the world. But with risk comes a certain solace-her burgeoning friendship with the other three prodigies: a wicked Vampire, a wild-child Mage and a play-boy Elemental. Backed by their faith and trust, Lily begins to relax into her new life. Then chaos erupts and the fragile peace between Commoners and Mysticals is broken, and suddenly Lily realises the greatest threat was never from within, and her fear takes on a new name: The Revolution. 


I'm pretty sure I was either crying or smiling like an idiot for most of this series. I adored the characters and their beautiful friendships with each other, I really wanted these four non-existent characters to be my friends! Yes there was some pretty cool battles and awesome magic being thrown around, but my favourite aspect was definitely the character's relationships: friends, mates, boy/girl friends, parents and even the bond between the Kings and their prodigies was something infinitely special to read about. There was just the right amount of humour threaded perfectly into the series as well, some of the scenes with the Kings training their prodigies was hilarious and I had to take a few moments until the tears dried to keep reading! The world was very interesting and unique, I felt like I was right there with all the characters the entire time and I was never lost. The amount of heartbreak I suffered due to this series astounds me! The cliffhangers for the first two books left my heart in my throat and ready to either fight someone or cry my eyes out. This is not a series you can just stop reading after the first book, trust me, I'm pretty sure I finished the three books in five days..But I had no regrets after finishing them and believe me when I say you won't either. 

Series Rating: 4.5/5 Titans

"Sometimes the best results come from the worst ideas."


No comments:

Post a Comment