Saturday 2 August 2014

Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels #7) by Ilona Andrews


Kate Daniels is back once again and stirring up trouble wherever she goes...but that's to be expected when you're the child of a power crazed god. As the mate of Curran, the Beast Lord of Atlanta, the former mercenary has more responsibilities than she ever thought was possible to juggle. Not only is she trying to keep her investigative business afloat, but she now must deal with the affairs of the Pack, and most of that nowadays is preparing for war, because now that the connection between Kate and Roland (a cruel ancient being with god-like powers) is out in the open, everybody she has ever come in contact with has a target painted on their backs. As Roland's shadow looms ever closer, Kate is called to attend a meeting of the leaders from the various supernatural factions in Atlanta. But when one of the Masters of the Dead (navigators who control vampires) is found murdered by a shapeshifter, she is given only twenty-four hours to bring them the killer. And if she fails, she will find herself neck deep in a war which could destroy everyone and everything. 

My favourite series of all time, Ilona Andrews strikes again and after waiting an entire year for this book it not only lived up to my very high expectation, for superseded them. I absolutely love the entirety of Kate's story, the world building is beyond fantastic, the characters all have their own voice and the plot and twists are so unique and dramtic that I can never get enough of it. I love the heroes, I love the villans and every character in between. There are no black and white decisions and the grey is always different and perhaps not always morally acceptable, but that's what happens when the world is falling apart around you, as it is in Kate and Curran's dystopian Atlanta. With just the right amount of humour throughout the various tragedies, hardships and sword fights, I never want this series to end. And now I have to wait even longer for the next book! I need my next fix and I need it now!

Rating: 5/5 Titans

" 'Fortune favours the brave' I told her. It also kills the stupid, but I decided to keep that to myself."

Other Books in the Series

Magic Bites
Magic Burns
Magic Strikes
Magic Bleeds
Magic Slays
Magic Rises
Magic Breaks
Magic Shifts (Not Yet Published)

No comments:

Post a Comment